Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
WhatsApp Customer Operations’ mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp was made for them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues and are strong advocates for WhatsApp users.
WhatsApp is searching for a Technical Operations Manager in our Product Operations team. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering user insights, being the voice of the user and passionate about coaching and developing high performing individuals this is the role for you! Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team in Dublin, Ireland and will report into the Product Operations Manager in California, USA.
1. Become a technical expert in WhatsApp for all platforms and a source of information to rest of the WhatsApp Consumer Operations team.
2. Deep dive to understand specific user pain points, gather supporting data, and influence engineering and product teams on relevant feature changes to improve the overall user experience.
3. Partner closely with the engineering team to drive up the application quality and an understanding of its usage.
4. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the Product Operations Team.
5. Develop, implement, and reinforce meaningful KPIs and be an internal advocate for the global WhatsApp user base.
6. Establish team goals and work with direct reports to execute, measure progress, and share results.
7. Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of Technical Specialists.
8. BA/BS or equivalent level of commercial experience
9. 3+ years of experience as tier 2 or 3 support on smartphone platforms
10. 1+ years of management experience
11. Demonstrated strong understanding of the Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
12. Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
13. Demonstrated ability to balance independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
14. Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams across different timezones
15. Demonstrated ability to perform analysis which lead to data-driven decisions
16. Must be eligible to work in the EU
17. 3+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on smartphone platforms or web-based platforms.
18. 3+ years of work experience in people management
19. 1+ years experience using WhatsApp