UK / Ireland Sales Manager
Polymer Distribution, Compounding, Injection Moulding
Job ref: CST/48059
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
The company is a world leader in the distribution and compounding of thermoplastics. They are a global group with eight manufacturing locations worldwide, as well as multiple sales subsidiaries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and North America.
Leadership and management of the external sales team and technical service application development engineers. Identifying, developing and maximizing business opportunities primarily in the automotive, electrical, electronic, medical and packaging sectors. Taking responsibility for commercial activities including sales strategy, business development, pricing, key account management and external customer relations.
· Develop and grow sales profitably in line with business plans; taking a leading role in the preparation of sales budget
· In collaboration with the MD, develop a sales strategy for the business
· Responsible for the clear communication of the strategy to the field sales team
· Through the management of the field based team develop a strong pipeline of new opportunities capable of delivering net growth into all sales territories that meets the business objectives – monitoring and reporting on all commercial projects in the regions
· Understand, monitor and report on all key sales drivers to deliver budget (KPI’s). Measuring both individual and team performance against budget and Company objectives
· Support external sales team with key client business development, where applicable.
· Develop and lead the “field” sales team, where applicable including both commercial and technical resources
· Hiring and training of team members in alignment with the executive board
· Carry out annual performance appraisals of team members and set goals and objectives
· Ensure sales team functions are performed in line with agreed internal processes
· Steer sales activities
· Measure success rate for follow up of quotes and samples
· Perform and oversee sales functions for defined customers (this is a “working” supervisor role)
· Ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems and CRM tool
· Take corrective actions as necessary to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
· Stay up to date with best practices and make recommendations to bring company in line with them.
· Goodwill handling and cash discount reductions in accordance with local guidelines
· Participate in sales meetings and present as requested.
· Attend customer events, seminars and exhibitions as required.
The following experience is required:
· Long-standing and relevant professional experience in field sales
· Preferably with existing customer network within dedicated sales area
· Deep technical knowledge and understanding of polymers and their application
· Management skills with team working abilities
· First Leadership Experience
· Computer skills: MS Office, SAP
· Knowledge in Business Management, especially break-even analysis
· Efficient time management and organizational skills.
· Capacity for analytical thought
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player
· Ability to implement the corporate strategy and interests while raising the customer satisfaction
· Excellent negotiating skills
· Self-motivated and pro-active
· Ambitious & goal oriented personality
· Able & prepared to manage change in daily business
· Ability to manage/solve conflicts
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS – PETROCHEMICALS – PACKAGING – CHEMICALS – ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas