GlobalData is a leading data and analytics company, serving an extensive list of blue chip clients across a number of industries globally. For the Travel and Tourism sector we provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets, supporting cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning.
GlobalData Travel & Tourism provides the world’s leading travel, hospitality, and tourism companies with unique data and insights on tourism demands and flows, as well as business intelligence on air transportation, car rentals, hotels, and intermediaries.
Are you interested in providing global brands with critical business intelligence on how consumer behaviors and trends are driving their industries and are likely to shape future market development?
Are you analytically minded, good with numbers yet retain the creativity to resolve the conflicts between multiple information sources?
Do you have great written communication skills and the aptitude to translate complex findings into clear commercial directives via business intelligence reports and products?
If so, we want to hear from you with regards to openings for associate analysts in our Travel & Tourism team.
It’s simple, we pride ourselves on investing in people, products and progress, creating a culture where every colleague can succeed.
Our business is fast-paced, growing, and ambitious, offering our people outstanding opportunities to develop and play a real part in our success story. In the same way we listen to clients to continually improve our products, we listen to our people and involve them to create a vibrant, unique and stimulating work environment.
We enjoy celebrating success, networking across teams and inspiring our people to get involved, through conferences, awards ceremonies, forums, social events and more.
It’s our people, products and progress that set us apart – apply now for your chance to be part of something special.
To contribute to an ongoing publication schedule of consumer insight and market intelligence across key markets, categories and trends, primarily through the authoring of content, but also using data visualisation and data modelling techniques. The majority of analysis comes in the form of written reports published in PowerPoint, as well as briefer case studies and “expert views”.
Additionally, analysts may be required to work on projects such as primary research design, or bespoke deliverables for clients. The goal is to maintain and enhance Global Data’s reputation as a provider of exceptional insight, helping the business decisions of thousands of clients, ranging from start-ups to blue-chip companies.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
Analysis – Industry Expertise Performing daily industry reading, showing a willingness to learn and an aptitude for understanding the travel & tourism industry.
* Analysis – Analytical Quality – Producing written content, mainly delivered in PowerPoint, but also in Microsoft Word where necessary. Reports range from 20-80 slides through to 500-word opinion pieces.
* Topics will generally be selected by more senior members of the team, but storyboarding will be a collaborative effort with a project manager and will require an understanding of what the analysis intends to achieve.
* Analysis – Project Support & Execution -Contributing to other projects (e.g. primary research projects, consulting projects) where directed by management.
* Commercial – Client Support – Supporting management in responding to client queries in a timely and helpful manner, for example, about content you have authored.
What you will bring to the table:
* Fast Learner – able to understand new ideas and concepts quickly
* Work experience in the Travel and Tourism industry or a syndicated reports publishing company is not essential, but would be an advantage
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Strong secondary research skills, especially a familiarity with commercial literature and internet searches
* Comfort in dealing with numbers and working in Excel extensively