Role Summary:Responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
Essential Responsibilities:• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for successful delivery of features.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
• Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Understand agile testing, experience with selenium and unit tests.
• Follows coding standards.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Strong professional experience (several years)
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Oracle ADF Framework, JDeveloper, WebLogic
Desired Characteristics:• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Strong Back-end experience
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience with web development using Java Script, AJAX, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
• Fluent English language skills
About Us:GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator, GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Insights , or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com for more information.Additional Locations:Hungary;Budapest;