Our Client is the Emmy award winning leading provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry.
Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world’s largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world’s most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.
What will your job look like?
The position requires individuals with strong commercial development experience in C++ or similar, familiarity with distributed systems, keen mathematical skills, and enthusiasm for technical challenges. The successful candidates will be expected to develop their skills in multiple, challenging technical areas to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation. Each member of the team is expected to work across several disciplines, including software/database design, C++ algorithm development, continuous integration/delivery and PHP scripting.
Key daily tasks involve – Senior Software Engineer
* Working as part of a team on a large-scale application that supports services in use by major global media companies.
* Being responsible for the full development lifecycle, from design and prototype through development, testing, and deployment.
* Delivering to rapid timescales in a dynamic environment.
* Developing new techniques in the areas of video and audio fingerprinting, content classification, and watermarking.
* Working closely with other team members in an agile environment, sharing knowledge and mentoring.
* Demonstrating drive and enthusiasm, innovating, working with minimal direction, meeting requirements, and delivering to a high standard.
Essential Requirements – Senior Software Engineer
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Strong commercial software development experience, including object oriented concepts.
* Experience in software development for distributed systems.
* Excellent mathematical and communication skills.
* Experience with automated testing best practices, and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
Desirable experience, skills and tools – Senior Software Engineer
* Image / video processing techniques and libraries (especially OpenCV)
* AWS cloud services (including ECS, EC2, CloudWatch, RDS, Lambda, S3)
* PHP scripting
* GitLab CI
* Embedded C
* Beanstalk / RabbitMQ / ActiveMQ
Benefits – Senior Software Engineer
* Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, Group Health Insurance and more!
* You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of a large cloud-based platform.
* You will have the opportunity to work on solutions for some of the biggest and most well known sports and entertainment brands in the world.
* Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide