Senior Quantity Surveyor
* The candidate needs to have a degree in Quantity Surveying and 3-5 years working experience.
* The candidate should ideally have this experience either in a Private practice, Contracting organisation or Consultancy.
* To work within the small existing Quantity Surveying team.
* To carry out all QS duties (outlined below) initially with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate needs to pick up the ropes fairly quickly and be able to run their own jobs.
* Cost Management Director.
Main QS Duties:
* Prepare Cost Plans and Feasibility Studies including carrying out research where instructed to obtain specialist sub-contract and supplier cost information.
* Prepare tender documentation for varying types of construction procurement routes.
* Advise clients on the appropriate form of Construction Contract.
* Prepare Cash flow forecasts and capital commitment schedules (spreadsheet which captures all costs of the project not just construction costs).
* Run the tender analysis process following tender returns including drafting tender reports.
* Prepare Contract Documents and/or Letters of intent.
* Attend Design Team and site progress meetings.
* Prepare interim monthly valuations of work undertaken by appointed Building Contractor during Construction Phase of projects.
* Prepare monthly Cost reports and Final accounts during Construction phase of projects.
* Prepare VAT analysis for construction projects.
* Numeracy, Literacy and language skills (English) are essential as ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with other design team members, contractors and clients is an essential function of the job.
* IT skills and knowledge of Excel and Word is a basic requirement for all candidates.
* Good report writing skills