Senior Quantity Surveyor
• The candidate needs to have a degree in Quantity Surveying and with say 2 to 3 years working experience.
• The candidate should ideally have had this experience either in a Private Practice or Contracting Organisation.
• To work within the existing Quantity Surveying Team.
• To carry out all QS duties (outlined below) initially with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate needs to pick up the ropes fairly quickly and be able to run their own jobs.
• Cost Management Director
Main QS Duties
• Prepare Cost Plans and Feasibility Studies including carrying out research where instructed to obtain cost information.
• Prepare tender documentation for varying types of construction procurement routes.
• Advise clients on the appropriate form of Construction Contract.
• Prepare Cashflow Forecasts and Capital Commitment Schedules (spreadsheet which captures all costs of the project not just construction costs).
• Run the tender analysis process following tender returns including drafting tender reports.
• Prepare Contract Documents and/or Letters of Intent.
• Attend Design Team and Site Progress Meetings.
• Prepare interim monthly valuations of work undertaken by appointed Building Contractor during Construction Phase of projects.
• Prepare Monthly Cost Reports and Final Accounts during Construction Phase of projects.
• Prepare VAT analysis for construction projects.
• Numeracy, literacy and language skills (English) are essential as ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with other design team members, contractors and clients is an essential function of the job.
• IT skills and knowledge of Excel and Word is a basic requirement for all candidates.
• Good Report Writing skills