Senior Accountant Statutory
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Senior Statutory Accountant, you will provide financial leadership on statutory accounting/audits, corporation income tax and indirect tax accounting for the countries. You will support end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control.
This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), World Headquarters Global Financial Accounting teams, the Global Financial Services and Systems teams, and Operating divisions in Country. You will act as a liaison with the Shared Service Center and the ledgers in the country to ensure Oracle or SAP implementation and possible migration of transaction activities to the SSC.
You will support the Country Controller in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements.
Your key deliverables:
• Meet reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings – ensuring accuracy and timeliness of financial results supporting the Actuals, Forecasting, Profit Plan, Strategic Plan.
• Ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, USGAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Manage and improve financial controls and processes while mitigating issues.
• Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to Eaton across all divisions. Ensure SOD and controls for Bank Signatories rights (EOW), update bank guarantee and insurances for the LEs.
• To co-ordinate and act as a consultant, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to all in-country operating divisions, World Headquarters and European shared service center, on: central systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, and compliance in accordance with fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives
• To advise, guide and support the implementation to all Eaton in-country divisions of uniformity of financial accounting systems; ensure that modifications in systems and procedures due to changes in legal, fiscal and corporate requirements are coordinated; maintain the integrity of legal entity and fiscal accounting while minimizing expense to effect such changes.
• Statutory books: ensure that the statutory books are kept in accordance with local accounting rules; management of the accounting records concerning fixed assets local book; managing the reconciliation between US GAAP books and statutory books.
• Managing the Fixed Asset for the LEs and performing reconciliation about additions, dismissal, depreciation and FA ERP’s module and GL accounts.
• Prepare and submit quarterly and annual statistical reports for entities subject to reporting requirements
• Support intercompany recharges for the EMEA region, ensuring invoicing accuracy and timeliness by working in close collaboration with the transfer pricing, supply chain, IT and treasury departments as well as global financial accounting and the shared service centers
• Statutory reports and audits: managing of the statutory accounts; participation in the statutory audits. Closely operate with the external providers. Prepare financial statements in line with local GAAP, ensuring completeness of all the necessary parts for the final review by the auditor/controller/signatories.
• Taxes: timely and accurate calculation of tax liability; conducting reconciliation between taxable income or loss and the net income or loss resulting from the statutory books; support external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law
• Support Thomson Reuters statutory reporting tool implementation and ensure effective usage of the system
• Professional accounting qualification/university degree
• 4-6 years of financial experience
• Experience in finance/ accounting and auditing within a multinational (manufacturing) environment
• Knowledge of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley
• Excellent knowledge of local statutory reporting requirements
• Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices& policies
• Excellent working knowledge of English
• Effective communication skill essential
• Ability to operate and deliver independently without day to day supervision
• Able to work proactively taking the ownership on the given scope
• Knowledge of local statutory reporting requirements (for example for UK/Ireland, Spain, France, Germany, Italy) would be an advantage
• Fluency in another European language would be a plus (German, French, Italian, Spanish)
• Experience in SAP/Oracle is an advantage
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity – Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.