Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Regional Category
Manager, Specialty & Precious Metals to join our team. This position can be
based in Budapest, Hungary or Tczew, Poland.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact
by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain,
the Regional Category Manager supports the development and deployment of this
category strategy. In this role, you will drive towards optimal conditions
(cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for these categories by
leveraging synergies across businesses and driving the “One Supply Chain”
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention
and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright
professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
role you will:
• Support development of strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners.
• Develop innovative business solutions, forecast commodity projections and provide mitigation actions as applicable to ensure key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved.
• Advise on new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities with senior management that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
• Benchmark procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
• 5+ years of purchasing or commodity management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrates knowledge and experience in successfully managing sourcing events and driving cost-out.
• Creative thinking skills to produce new approaches in category management and implement emerging tools
• Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with senior management, suppliers, operations and SCM personnel
• Ability to manage cost-out projects against scope, schedule and budget
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity – Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.