Manufacturing, Product Development, Process Improvement
Based in East Midlands (North Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire)
Job ref: CST/49659
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a leading plastic component manufacturer with a strong pedigree for product innovation and technical prowess. Key market sectors includes utilities, telecoms and construction. As part of their commitment to improve project management processes and internal channels of communication, they are hiring this newly developed pivotal appointment.
Responsible for preparing documented project plans that support the effective and timely execution of strategic NPD and process implementation to its manufacturing business.
· Work mainly with the Head of Product Development, and by project, with the relevant Programme Director.
· Lead the process of project management using the principles of Stage-Gate management.
· Project management processes are embryonic and the role requires the project manager to instil discipline in the capture, definition and sign-off of the objectives.
· Working with a team of specialists, prepare a plan (GANTT chart) for each project capable of meeting the objectives.
· Agree a baseline budget for each project to be developed against which performance can be managed.
· Within the planning, agree roles and responsibilities for each team member including recruitment of project team members from internal or external sources to support the project.
· Maintain accurate weekly recording of activity progress and resource expenditure. Prepare progress reports against the baseline plan to agreed formats for internal and external project stakeholders.
· Prepare ‘look ahead’ instructions for team members; when needed perform first line challenge and review where progress is ahead/behind to provide options for consideration by the Programme Director.
Background to Project Management:
· The scale of projects normally undertaken mean that the Project Manager will manage more than one project concurrently and will likely be required to resource balance across projects in line with agreed business priorities.
· Projects are either development of new products, and/or implementation of new manufacturing processes. As a result they involve team members from across all functions of a manufacturing company and external suppliers to be managed.
· An expert in project management ideally with experience of working within a demanding innovation led manufacturing environment
· A knowledge of new product development processes is useful but not essential. A knowledge of project management techniques and experience of these and the available software tools though is an essential requirement of the role.
· When needed, the Project Manager is expected to engage in business travel in support of the aims and objectives of the projects, for example to meet external project clients, industry bodies and/or other stakeholders.
What You Need:
· We are looking for someone with the right behaviours in addition to technical competency in the art of project management. You must be an effective communicator in both spoken and written formats, able to present on behalf of our organisation (internal and external reviews).
· The successful candidate will be able to work with colleagues/stakeholders to evolve the processes as the company seeks to improve how they deliver new product and process development.
· Presenting ideas and solutions in a creative and engaging way that is effective in communicating progress.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS – PETROCHEMICALS – PACKAGING – CHEMICALS – ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)