Project Engineer – Hertfordshire
Excellent Salary, Private Health Insurance, Pension, Shares, 23 days holiday rising to 25 days
Key Areas: automation systems, special purpose machinery, on-site installation, project engineering, CAPEX project management, stakeholder management
Designs and develops electro-mechanical automation systems for use within distribution centres. They provide turnkey solutions from bespoke design of automation systems through to installation, commissioning and ongoing site support.
The role of Project Engineer is office based and sits between the product development and site implementation teams (fit out of automation). You will act as the conduit between the end customer, product development, subcontract manufacturers and on-site installation teams, with responsibility for troubleshooting and problem solving, to ensure a smooth transition from system design to “go-live”.
You should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
* Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with internal and external parties
* Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
* Deliver projects on time and within budget
* Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation or general engineering
* Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or a similar field
* Project Engineering
* CAPEX project management
* On-Site installation experience