Role Summary:The successful candidate will assume primary responsibility for promoting industry-academia collaboration in Digital Health through R&D collaboration and partnerships, as well as sharing of policy and best practice. The Healthcare Innovation Manager will be responsible for identifying strategic opportunities and contacts, initiating and organising activities and platforms for collaboration, and delivering results for mutually beneficial links between the Company and its partners.
Essential Responsibilities:• Initiate, plan and execute activities to facilitate research collaboration and to raise awareness of opportunities. These include delegations, conferences and networking events, attracting the best academic and research players and opinion leaders. The job holder will work collaboratively with colleagues and external partner organisations on these activities.
• Design, develop and support the setting up and administration of new external funding programmes, with special respect to the EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology).
• Assist in organising and administering of grant calls, funding pitches, and innovation challenges; followed by review, award and post award monitoring processes of various funding programmes, including preparation of publicity, review documents, communications and tracking of grant awards.
• Build and maintain sector expertise and a network of contacts with relevant decision makers, companies, entrepreneurs, experts and investors in Hungary and the EU. The job holder should be able to open doors, understand business needs, identify opportunities and deliver business results.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Acquaintance with the life sciences or Digital Health landscape in Hungary and Europe. Bringing a personal network of professionals is a strong plus.
• BA required, MA or higher preferred. Preferably in biotech / medical science related fields of expertise.
• 5+ years working in research, academic collaborations, consulting, finance, project management or at a start-up.
• Experience organising events is a strong plus.
• Strong presentation skills (oral and written).
• Fluent English and Hungarian (spoken, written and reading).
• Comfortable working in an IT environment (Microsoft Office).
Desired Characteristics:• Can work creatively, strategically and independently yet as part of a team.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Highly motivated, passionate about innovation and technology.
• Open and clear communicator, excellent networking skills including across cultures.
• A track record of success and demonstrated ability to deliver results.
• Enthusiasm to work as part of a small, agile, ambitious team.
About Us:GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator, GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Insights , or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com for more information.Additional Locations:Hungary;Budapest;