We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a*Lab Assistant*you will prepare slides, monitor and record refrigerator, freezer, and water bath temperatures, retrieve/move specimens to/from long term storage, assists in unpacking, loads and unloads samples and analyzers, and generate daily work lists for various teams (metrology, sample entry, stability, etc.).
Prepares slides, monitors and records refrigerators, freezers, and water baths temperatures, retrieves/moves specimens to/from long term storage, assists in unpacking, loads and unloads samples and analyzers, and generates daily work lists for various teams (metrology, sample entry, stability, etc.).
* Sorts, scans, and assigns sequence numbers to different laboratory areas. Numbers HDL tubes for lipid laboratory.
* Processes samples for testing.
* Prepares reagents and pipettes/aliquots reagents under supervision.
* Labels and stains hematology slides.
* Gathers, dumps, rinses, washes, dries, and restocks glassware and consumables in the laboratory.
* Performs limited, non-complex, waived tests for review by a team member.
* Performs daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
* High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
* Technical positions may require a certificate
* Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Effective communication skills
* Good cooperative and collaborative skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
* Data recording skills
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD Defining Principles:
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
**Organization:** **GCL BE*
**Title:** *Lab Assistant*
**Location:** *BE-BE-Zaventem-Zaventem BE Cluster Pk*
**Requisition ID:** *176989*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group