Microsoft operates in a highly competitive industry. We the Commercial Markets Strategy Group (CMSG) are leading Microsoft´s Compete efforts around the world, working closely with multifunctional teams and the field to drive our compete motions across products, segments and geographies with the goal of winning market share in current markets and establishing a winning position in future markets. This role also represents the voice of the Field, developing competitive customer and partner insights from the front line that can be used by senior leaders to steer Microsoft’s strategies, and ensures our front line has strong differentiated value propositions and Go-to-Market plays.
The Subsidiary Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible to lead local market insight, drive internal, ecosystem and market awareness and excitement, and orchestrate priority execution across marketing, sales, partner, and services to deliver business outcomes. The PMM is required to have a strong understanding of business applications, their solution portfolio (specifically at the 200-300 level) and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies. This role is seen as the voice of the products they represent within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their solution portfolio. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback.
The Product Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates and influences campaigns and marketing activities, and delivers product and campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the role of the Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The PMM must develop strong partnerships with the segment marketers, customer and partner segment stakeholders to lead and execute the fiscal year local priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach. The various messages need to be well aligned, with the end goal of supporting a “One Microsoft” motion. The PMM is an ambassador of the overall product brand and Microsoft customer and partner experience.
**_In this role you will be:_** Responsible for driving the business applications priorities through Recruit and Enablement by delivering the next generation cloud-based business applications aligning to the One Microsoft and Digital Transformation strategy.
+ Responsible for integrating Partner Recruit and Enablement motions for all segments into the overall Dynamics go-to market, across ISV, SI and MSP solutions partners.
+ Build a local Recruit and Enablement go-to-market plan based on corporate business applications priorities
+ Orchestrate the execution of the go-to-market plan for Recruit and Enablement to exceed capacity and capability targets
+ Share actionable insight, learning, feedback to drive continuous improvement
+ Lead x-group collaboration w OCP Recruit and Enablement on behalf of Dynamics team
**Marketing Planning: 20% of time**
• Own the local product marketing strategy for driving cloud revenue growth and market share
• Orchestrate the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions based on market opportunity and analysis, partner ecosystem and competitive landscape. Lead targeting for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product marketing owned activities
• Conduct competitive analysis and develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
• Determine a common set of key performance indicators for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, other business groups)
• Conduct business pillar reviews to support Business Group Lead with value propositions
• Understands the partner ecosystem that supports their solution portfolio and aligns with partner roles for partner capacity and partner marketing planning
**Product Evangelism: 30% of time**
• Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the solution portfolio internally and externally to press, enthusiasts, influencers and pre-sales customer scenarios
• Provide product/solution related content such as customer benefits, messaging, competitive differentiators, scripts/demos, value propositions, storytelling to line of business decision maker audience and technical audiences as appropriate
• Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product bill of materials (BOM) (to-customer and to/thru-partner) embracing a solution selling approach
• Lead product launch activities and contribute to partner readiness and product evangelism delivery and business development
• Drive awareness of promotions/offers to key stakeholders across sales, partner, marketing and services roles
• Create campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for business group owned campaigns and activities partnering closely with key stakeholders
• Work closely with corporate, sales and segment teams to develop customer advocacy strategy and stories
**Program/Campaign Execution: 20% of time**
• Manage Business Applications planning scenarios and engage with key stakeholders (i.e. segment teams, other business groups, central marketing) ensuring successful execution
• Execute product launches supporting the business applications strategy
• Actively engage across segment teams and the subsidiary supporting a “One Microsoft” approach
• Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to corporate stakeholders on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary
•Track and report marketing performance/key performance indicators through standardized marketing tools
**Business Management: 30% of time**
• Own and drive segment key performance indicators and scorecard metrics related to the rhythm of the business and orchestrate correction of error plans with segment teams
• Develop local business management strategy—partner with segment teams to interpret market opportunity and risk and build appropriate go-to-market/correction of errors plan
• Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of products, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary leadership team and corporate
• Participate in preparation for reviews and connection meetings as appropriate
**Experience:** 5-8 years of product marketing experience in business applications/cloud
**Education:** Bachelor’s Degree required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science. MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
**Skills & Knowledge:**
+ Evangelist and subject matter expert for product/solution
+ Strong analytical skills and results oriented marketing
+ Understanding of line of business decision maker audience and customer engagement solutions
+ Product marketing experience within a consultative solution selling model
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
+ Deep customer focus and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
Ability to partner and align cross-segment/subsidiary stakeholders
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.