Our client is the Emmy award winning leading global provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry.
Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world’s largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world’s most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.
What will your job look like? – DevOps Engineer
This role reports to the DevOps Team Leader and will be based in our Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will be involved in maintaining and developing cloud-based infrastructure services while making continued service improvements. You will have a strong Linux background, and will have experience supporting complex multi-tiered services.
You will also be expected to develop your skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
Key daily tasks involve – DevOps Engineer
* Working as part of a team on a large-scale application in use daily by major global media companies.
* Planning deployment of new / updated infrastructure components.
* System monitoring and day-to-day management.
* Working with technology and infrastructure vendors.
* Management of data synchronisation and backup processes.
Essential Requirements – DevOps Engineer
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Proven commercial DevOps experience.
* Strong Linux experience, ideally with Ubuntu, with shell scripting skills.
* In depth knowledge of cloud service management systems and APIs.
* In depth experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS / Aurora, Route 53 etc.
* Infrastructure automation experience, ideally using Terraform.
* Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, ideally with GitLab.
* Experience with containerisation, ideally using Docker and ECS or Kubernetes.
* Experience with web / API server, such as Apache or NGINX.
* Infrastructure monitoring experience, ideally using Prometheus.
Other desirable skills and tools – DevOps Engineer
* Memcache / Redis
Benefits – DevOps Engineer
* Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day for your birthday, Group Health Insurance and more!
* You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of a large cloud-based platform.
* You will have the opportunity to work on solutions for some of the biggest and most well known sports and entertainment brands in the world.
* Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide