Demand Planning Specialist/Manager
+ – Hungary, Budapest, Pest
+ **Job ID** HU2448
+ – Supply and Demand
+ **Language** EN
**Are you interested in a demand planner role supporting the LEGO Group with its forecasting and facilitating of the S&OP processes?**
Your technical mastery of demand planning makes you a trusted partner to the Operational and Commercial Teams. You take a leadership role within the S&OP processes, providing valuable insight and analysis to support gap closing initiatives. The accuracy of your forecasts has a direct impact on supply chain efficiency and product availability.
**Furthermore within this role you will**
• Facilitate the various Demand Planning review meetings with Marketing and Customer Development/Sales teams, and maintain productive working relationships with the cross functional team members.
• Be the guardian of the S&OP leadership behaviors and ensure forecasting assumptions are clearly understood and supervised. Maintain the data bases required for the statistical engines to run.
• Deliver an accurate demand plan built upon a statistical forecast output reflecting known marketing, product launch timings and promotional activities both LEGO and customer funded. You will support sales and marketing to assess the likely impact of commercial investments.
The role reports into the European Supply Chain Organization but supports the broader business to evaluate the volume and value (revenue and profit) of the existing plans, enabling senior management to identify gaps to target and take corrective action. The output of their work will also be used directly by supply chain to ensure the right products are manufactured at the time to maximize In Stock Availability whilst avoiding the generation of waste. The demand planning role is “multi lingual” as it is used to advise supply chain (volume) and the commercial planning processes (value).
**Your combination of numerical skills and your effective, engaging communication skills to bear in this pivotal business planning role will be needed**
• Strong knowledge of statistics and proven analytical skills developed through on the job experience
• 3 years’ experience working within a consumer goods environment, previous demand planning and or supply planning experience is preferential
• An ability to master complexity and to communicate in a way that makes the complex simple
• Confidence in working with senior and junior colleagues, demonstrable influencing skill
• Professional English, local language as an advantage
**Join the global LEGO® family**
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO® Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO® Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO® Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO® Group.
”The key to success in this role is finding the balance between deep technical and commercial understanding as well as knowledge of compliance and legal matters. You need to always keep strategy down-to-earth while never delving too far into operational detail”