Communications and Marketing Manager Opportunity (Fixed Term)
This is an exciting opportunity based in our Dublin office, for an initial 6-month period to cover maternity leave.
**Start date:**February 2019
You are a strategically focused professional, experienced in communications, marketing and stakeholder management, both on a strategic and tactical level.
**Overview/objectives of role:**
**About the Role:**
In 2018, the ACIA has gained valuable momentum across many aspects of marketing and communications internally and externally, and in this role, you will continue to build on our successes through several tactical deliverables.
You will be responsible for strengthening our internal profile by promoting ACIA as a specialist D&A; hub to the relevant stakeholder groups locally and globally – telling our story through our success stories, and profiling individual colleagues as thought leaders in specific areas of ACIA capabilities, aligned to Aon United and Data & Analytic Services messages.
In your role, you will help our leadership team position the ACIA as a key strategic partner to business leaders to drive growth opportunities and generate uplift in working with our broader business.
You will also be required to oversee and drive the management of ACIA’s digital presence, and our annual events calendar.
You will work to enhance our employer profile and create content and communications around key events or milestones for the Centre.
The role will also involve planning, designing and maintaining the range of marketing materials, engaging with and supporting internal stakeholders at a leadership level.
You will be required to collaborate across all Aon Ireland businesses around global and local initiatives.
**Expectations & Tasks:**
* Working in tandem with ACIA business leaders to drive and execute our marketing and communications agenda in line with strategic business objectives
* Working to position our business as a leader in data and analytics through various internal and external events, and the publication of thought leadership pieces
* Maximising the use of social media and other digital platforms, including new distribution channels, to effectively communicate our messages around key capabilities
* Assisting stakeholders in increasing awareness across ACIA’s flagship products and top initiatives, through the maintenance and development of marketing materials, campaigns and events
* Developing a calendar of specialty events (sponsorship as well as participation) with the ACIA leadership team and other colleagues, and supporting the resulting events
* Maintaining the range of marketing collateral produced by the business
* Localising global brand materials for best and most appropriate use for ACIA’s purposes
* Collaborating with local marcomm, HR, and office management colleagues on local campaigns and initiatives, to increase colleague engagement across ACIA
**Skills & Competencies:**
* Strategically focused communications specialist with a strong understanding of marketing disciplines
* Good understanding of Aon’s capabilities in the data and analytics space, through either solution lines
* Proactive and flexible approach to managing multiple projects within relevant timeframes in a fast-paced environment
* Creative and innovative mind-set with strong communication skills (written and visual storytelling)
* Confident presentation skills, with an ability to coach, influence and gain commitment from stakeholders
* Professional across internal and external digital channels
* Ability to build relations across Aon’s internal communication network
* Ability to work well as part of a team as well as delivering projects independently
* Enthused and self-motivated to provide strategic and tactical support to the ACIA leadership team on many fronts
* Design skills are a plus (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator)
* Relevant Communications, Marketing, or business discipline qualification
* Minimum [TBC] years marketing or commercial experience in Aon
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute communications strategies
* Experience, or a keen interest in data and analytics
**What you can expect from us:**
* Dublin City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
* Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
* Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
* We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
**_We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible._**
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.