**Cloud Native Developer 3**
Cloud Foundation Services (CFS) is a strategic component for providing critical cloud native services to multiple Oracle Global Business Unit applications. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Oracle’s second generation Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), provides improved performance and reliability. CFS provides a microservice-driven platform, software delivery tool chain, and a continuous integration/continuous delivery operations model to support high margin, highly elastic, and highly available Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
The CFS Security Engineering team is a highly dynamic, cross functional team of development and security professionals dedicated to the security of Oracle SaaS applications running in the GBU Cloud Native Environments. The CFS Security Engineering team collaborates with a variety of other teams with in the organization to ensure the Cloud Native Environment is secure in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, application deployment and operations. The Cloud Native Security team is made up of a geographically diverse group of developers, security analysts, pen testers and architects all passionate about delivering on the security goals found in this modern cloud environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The candidate will work primarily as a senior micro services developer as part of a team using agile methodologies based on Scrum. The team embraces a DevSecOps model where development, security and operations are highly integrated and the continuous improvement in the securing of our cloud environments is the primary driving goal. The work environment is to treat everything as code (code, configuration, infrastructure, pipelines, security, everything) to achieve the highest quality product in the most efficient amount of time.
As a senior member of the CNE Security team the candidate will have daily responsibilities in providing leadership and mentoring to a team of developers focused on the secure development, testing, deployment, and operations of a comprehensive set of modern, innovative security related microservices and infrastructure. The candidate will also participate in development responsibilities.
– Work closely with CFS Security Architecture in the high-level design of cloud native security services and infrastructure
– Help team members translate high-level, complex infrastructure design into practical, code level service and component designs.
– Develop high-quality, production grade cloud native microservices that cover a broad range of security concerns
– Provide mentoring and leadership to more junior team members in all aspects of agile based, modern DevOps microservice development.
– Work with other Scrum team members to deliver working quality product on-time and in scope
– Share in development responsibilities, assist, and mentor team members to meet “Sprint” challenges
– Develop and maintain test automation that covers unit, integration and component level testing
– Use Everything-As-Code methodologies to ensure traceability, configurability, immutability, repeatability, and governability
– Attend training as required to meet Oracle and CNE compliance and regulatory standards. Perform daily task in accordance of compliance and regulatory standards
– Other duties as assigned
– 4 years of experience in software development
– 3 years of experience in developing production back-end services.
– 2 years of experience with CI/CD tools and workflows
– 2 years in developing production grade Python 3 applications or services
– Demonstrated experience in technical leadership – Demonstrated experience working with other technical leads and architects in delivering high-quality solutions.
– Deep understanding of RESTful Interfaces, JSON, Synchronous and Asynchronous API design
– Strong understanding of modern microservices architectures – Strong DevOps toolchain experience: Git, CI/CD workflows (Jenkins, GitLab), Docker Repos, etc
– Strong understanding of Linux/UNIX and Shell scripting
– Strong understanding with Container Management and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc
– Strong understanding of technologies and experience in building a highly scalable and fault tolerant system
– Good understanding and experience in Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN et
– Good understanding of core software security concepts such as Encryption, AuthN and AuthZ.
– Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver from scratch.
– BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
– Experience with OpenAPI 3.0 Specification, Flask, Connexion, gEvent and KV Datastores.
– Experience with Secure Coding techniques and best practices.
– Strong professional interest in software security assurance especially in modern cloud security.
– Demonstrated ability to successfully complete complex projects with minimal supervision
– Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
– Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
– Experience working in a team environment; ability to learn from your peers and accept criticism
– Self-motivation to drive solutions to completion
**Detailed Description and Job Requirements**
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
**As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).**
**Job:** Product Development
**Job Type:** Regular Employee Hire