PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations.
With offices in 46 countries and approximately 23,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a firm commitment to quality to help clients and partners bend the cost and time curve of drug development to deliver life-changing therapies that improve health.
Currently, we are looking to attract an Accountant in Budapest. In this position you will be responsible for accounting activities in Hungary and will support group consolidation activities.
* Coordination and review of full general ledger accounting in line with accounting standards and statutory requirements under Hungarian GAAP
* Preparation of annual financial statement and tax return according to the Hungarian accounting, tax and legal requirements; submission of financial statement and annual tax return to the Hungarian authorities
* Liaising with external auditors during annual statutory audit ensuring timely and accurately responses to audit queries
* Financial reporting and analysis for management purposes
* Cash flow forecasting for Hungarian entity
* Preparation and submission of monthly VAT and corporate tax declarations
* Maintaining of Fixed Assets register, calculation of depreciation, sale and disposal, preparation of relevant documents
* Coordinating bank payments, arranging bank guarantees and credit cards for employees, maintaining relationship with the bank
* Providing responses to authorities during tax audit and replying to ad hoc queries
* Preparing statistical reports, National Bank reports and other surveys
* Preparation and reconciliation of accounts in the account reconciliation tool
* At least 6 years of accounting experience
* First level university degree with a focus on business/economics, advanced degree in accounting or accounting certification (Hungarian Accounting Certificate, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
* Very good knowledge of accounting/financial principles
* Advanced business application skills in Microsoft Excel
* Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
* Good business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
* Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
* Fluency in English language
*What we offer*:
* Competitive remuneration package and benefits
* Interesting and stable job in a multinational company
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Opportunity to join a fast-growing business, working to a defined career path, providing opportunities for career development
Is this what you are looking for? Then submit your CV in English to us.
Registration on our website will also give you the opportunity to be considered for other positions if this one is not the most appropriate for your qualifications and experience.
This is an ongoing search. Suitable candidates will be contacted accordingly.
**Requisition ID:** *172220*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group