Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
The primary role is to be responsible for business development, training sales strategy, quality assurance, operation management and high level project oversight for the Training Consulting services operations.
The manager will develop and/or deliver highly targeted solutions and training programmes to an Enterprise Customer base, manage revenue, contribution, and quality achievement to lead the growth and development of this area.
The manager uses a variety of digital communication tools including telephone, email, social media and chat to assist and advise internal and external customer with the purchase and consumption of training and certification offerings on Sage University. Individuals in this role are strong advocates for the customers and have a passion for doing the right thing for Sage customers and partners.
A strong multi-tasker with excellent organization skills and high energy, and a diverse network in Training.
• Engage in needs analysis, designing training solutions, preparing proposals and presenting to internal managers and external clients. Lead the team to finalise client training requirements, training content, lab exercises, mode of delivery, feedback mechanisms and assessment methodologies.
• Works through the sales cycle with customers with a high degree of closing success.
• Work with sales team/services teams or clients directly to understand client requirements in terms of technical training, product training, soft-skills training and post-training services.
• Provide onsite support for classroom deliveries, including interacting with facilitators and learners, Events & Meetings, Learning Operations and other cross-functional groups.
• Answers inquiries related to training and certification products and services via various communication methods, most commonly phone, email, and social media.
• Provide partners/consultants and customers with answers to learning questions related to content and schedules as needed.
• Provides administrative support to specialized training programs on the LMS as needed.
• Develops, refines and documents processes for the administration of training sales offerings.
• May spend up to 85% of time interacting with internal and external customers as volume demands.
• Communicates customer requests in timely and concise manner to Learning Services Product Owners and Managers.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Minimum 2-3 years’ sales experience in training consultancy
• Proven multi-tasking and organizational skills, results oriented skills, ability to make recommendations that effectively resolve problems or issues (deep understanding of the key issues working in the corporate world today)
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, and work with any business levels and meet client expectations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially in communicating benefits and opportunities – Portuguese and English
• Practical social selling as a key skill
• Experience working with administrative systems in a cloud environment and ERPs
• Experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) or related registration and planning software
• Hands-on experience organizing corporate training events
Our philosophy Sage embraces diversity in all forms. Our ambition is to reflect the diversity of our customers and partners in the communities we operate – which will accelerate growth and innovation. We are creating a truly inclusive environment where everyone contributes to our vision, whilst being their true selves.