* Construction project/program management experience with fiber optic systems and low voltage telecom/security.
* Experience in developing requests for proposal (RFPs), scheduling projects, cost engineering, budgeting and forecasting costs, reporting project status and costs, procurement and in consulting with contractors and vendors.
* Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
* Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
* Experience with telecommunications, low-voltage and fiber-optics construction management experience.
* Previous data center experience.
* Knowledge of fiber optic splicing/testing standards and equipment.
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Data Center Network Infrastructure Construction, you will leverage your experience and technical expertise to lead complex projects with numerous cross-functional teams. You will plan requirements with internal customers and external partners to usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes working with customers to develop project scopes, managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your project teams can span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the stakeholders coordinated and informed on the project’s progress and schedule. You will manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Support cross-functional partner teams and site-based execution teams through SME technical guidance, and serve as a regional liaison for program management team.
* Partner with internal and external teams, help develop and socialize processes and procedures to enable the team to operate efficiently with consistent results.
* Be responsible for gathering internal requirements and delivering solutions that satisfy customer’s needs.
* Resolve highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining rigorous adherence to project timelines and costs.