* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with Systems Administration, Scripting, Automation, Operating Systems, Technical Troubleshooting, Networking and Project Management
* Experience with building management or physical security systems. Experience providing infrastructure solutions for high profile and demanding internal customers.
* Project management experience. Experience with developing, executing, managing stakeholders and delivering cross-functional projects within timelines and budget.
* Understanding in three or more of the following skill-sets required within IT Operations: Operating Systems, Networking, Scripting and Automation, Application troubleshooting.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, identify and initiate areas for improvement and automation
* Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make progress in areas where a high ambiguity and uncertainty exist.
* Developed customer service, documentation, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.
As a Administration and Support Engineer, you will provide engineering expertise, operational leadership and develop technical solutions to internal partner teams for building automation and physical security systems and infrastructure.
Beyond the day-to-day, the team contributes to longer-term technical projects, automation of tasks, IT process improvements and infrastructure efforts.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
* Identify and problem solve systemic issues spanning multiple systems and teams as they relate to corporate physical security and building automation initiatives.
* Develop tools and solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the IT change management process with focus on excellent user journeys or experiences.
* Innovate and design new internal solutions that allow us to reduce operational work and scale.
* Evaluate technical data, create recommendations, obtain consensus, plan and execute service upgrades and changes.
* Automate and/or execute IT infrastructure-related projects such as platform migrations and information security policy updates.