Network Reliability Engineering proactively drives the stability and sustainability of Amazons next-generation network and leads innovative ways to optimize, automate and scale the Amazon network through this exciting time of accelerated growth for the organization and the network.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution, autonomously and/or collaboratively. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of networking, networking concepts and theory. They will have experience participating in proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality second-tier network and network event management for Amazons worldwide network. As a technical leader he/she will manage complex stakeholder relationships both technical and management. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazons world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest growing most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous; detail oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have significant experience of supporting large scale, service provider or enterprise class networks.
+ Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required.
+ A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at least five years relevant experience in a large-scale network operations environment is essential
+ In-depth knowledge of and experience with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF. IS-IS
+ Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
+ Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
– Deep knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
– Significant past experience with the following protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, MPLS, TCP/IP Flow control, UDP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP, SSL, STP, Trunking, & Port Channeling, IPsec and TLS
– In depth experience on Cisco and Juniper operating systems, software and hardware platforms
– Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
– Excellent analytical skills
– Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
– Software development/programming/scripting skills are highly desired – specifically Python, Perl, or shell (bash)
– Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities
– Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
– Effective prioritization and time management.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Data Services Ireland Limited
Position CategoryOperations, IT, & Support Engineering
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)Ireland