Senior Tax – Global Compliance & Reporting | Porto
Requisition # POR000T6
Post Date 6 days ago
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. Our clients are increasingly looking to us as the right firm to make that happen. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge and make it happen.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. In this team you’ll be at various lives projects in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products, automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc. It’s all about supporting our clients in taking their businesses further, carrying insights over into each new project and sharing information with colleagues across the business. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
**Your key responsibilities**
You’ll be involved at many stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It’s all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services.
**Skills and attributes for success**
• Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
• Building client relationships and demonstrating your knowledge
• Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients’ tax activities
**To qualify for the role you must have**
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Fiscal and Business or related fields
• A minimum of 2 years supervising teams in global compliance management projects
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both Portuguese and English
• Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
• Substantial MS office and Microsoft NAV Knowledge
• The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
• Eligibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
**Ideally, you’ll also have**
• Accounting Certification (OCC)
• Experience in a professional services environment
**What we look for**
We’re interested in people that are ready to take the initiative, challenge commonly held beliefs and resolve issues that didn’t even exist until recently. You won’t just need technical skills. You’ll also need to consider how human decision-making affects the way businesses work and is reflected in data. So if you’re genuinely interested in creatively handling some of the most complex questions our clients present us, this role is for you.
**What working at EY offers**
We offer a competitive remuneration package and includes support for flexible working and career development, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
**Join us in building a better working world.**