* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Strategy consulting experience or project management experience in a high-growth technology firm.
* Experience in sales and/or marketing within media, advertising, e-commerce or search, structuring and implementing operational initiatives with sales teams.
* Demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
* Good networker and influencer, with great interpersonal skills, who is able to work across various business functions.
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Reporting to the regional Head of Sales Operations, you will make the crucial in-market to Dublin link work successfully and lead projects at different times agreed between in-country, Dublin and EMEA management teams.
You will be responsible for scoping projects, defining deliverables, identifying resource needs and setting timelines. You will then lead diverse project teams across functions to ensure that the project delivers tangible processes, products and services that drive business growth. You will be managing more than one project simultaneously, and will need to travel to meet with in-country teams regularly.
Sales Operations is the global team that makes sure Google’s complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly. Experts in leading process improvements and consistency, team members are analytical and strategic with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done. They develop global initiatives and set high-level goals to improve productivity.
* Work as a strategic business partner to the regional Dublin Large Customer Sales lead and other members of the regional Sales Management team. Build relationships in Dublin, as well as in the various in-country offices, to help align the various stakeholders, share information and develop solutions that take the various needs and use cases into account.
* Identify high-impact strategic opportunities, including building business cases, defining actionable plans and the roadmap to get there. Involve, align and manage relevant stakeholders across teams and markets, and drive a successful implementation – prepare playbooks, collateral and leads for Sales teams to action.
* Increase operational rigor and overall effectiveness of the organization across various topics (e.g. pipeline management, reporting tools and processes, defining roles and responsibilities). Conduct external and internal analyses to understand the status quo, rationales and pain points, and develop and implement solutions.
* Support Sales teams through one-off troubleshooting, problem-solving, and education/training on processes and tools. Share best practices to benefit all regions and functions, and liaise with your counterparts from other markets to ensure you are leveraging their best relevant practices.
* Manage projects and/or support initiatives, including influencing and aligning stakeholders across the EMEA senior management team. Run specific one-off and recurring operational and business planning processes for your region (e.g. customer service channel management, quarterly planning).