* Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Work experience managing complex, multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects.
* MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field.
* Experience working with on-site construction management team, kicking off and handing over project for start of construction
* Experience managing multiple A&E; firms for rapid master planning and utility trigger table development.
* Relevant work experience with data center master planning and utility projects.
* Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
* Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives on schedule within budget.
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Regional Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will invent, design, and deliver strong compute infrastructure. You will have demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed data center master plans and utility concept development, design, construction and commissioning for projects. You will provide project management of large-scale data center master plans and utility projects at multiple scales. This role manages schedules, budgets, and broad inter- dependencies. You have experience managing large scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Manage multiple, simultaneous data center development projects in the due-diligence and master planning phases.
* Be responsible for gathering internal requirements and delivering solutions that satisfy customer needs.
* Maintain end to end responsibility of large scale utility projects (power, water, sewer) from concept, design to construction.
* Manage large scale utility trigger tables, as sites grow with capacity needs.
* Demonstrate performance in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining adherence to project timelines and costs.