* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
* ACA/CPA or equivalent certification.
* Experience from accounting practice and/or public multinational tech companies.
* Experience in process management and implementing governance structures.
* Ability to work across multiple functions, including Corporate Accounting, Tax, Vendor Management and Financial Operations. Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to create strategic data-driven recommendations.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and credibility.
* Distinctive project management, problem solving and analysis skills, combined with business judgment and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation).
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports — and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google’s business objectives.
You’ll leverage your finance and accounting background, with your business acumen, and organizational skills to navigate complex issues and find creative solutions. You’re willing to dive deep into details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
As Program Manager for Accounting, you’ll partner closely with the management team to drive key initiatives forward and support the development of strategic plans with an execution strategy. You will partner with cross-functional key stakeholders to communicate the strategy and enable decision-making. You’ll provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership, based on analysis, experience, technical acumen and good judgment. You’ll understand the team’s working dynamics, act as a key advisor, and help us build and maintain a high-performing team.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Manage regional process improvement initiatives, project plans and timelines, and ensure key milestones are met to create resilient and scalable reporting process.
* Identify, implement, and measure improvements that enhance and optimize the control environment, consolidate bespoke processes, and scale with growth.
* Manage governance programs for the regional Statutory Compliance teams.
* Work closely with management, identifying areas to become more effective as individuals and as a team.
* Communicate with the team, set meeting agendas, and track action items.