* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in relevant fields (Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud Investigation, Internet Industry, etc).
* Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: coding, databases and querying, front end development or statistical analysis.
* Demonstrated understanding of how the Internet works economically, socially, and technically. Interest in innovation, technology and Google products.
* Understanding of fraud investigations, fraud risk management, internet advertising or e-commerce.
* Ability to speak and write in one or more EMEA language fluently and idiomatically.
Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, Google Ads and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us demonstrate that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Trust and Safety Analyst, you defend the integrity of Google and its users and partners worldwide by defining and communicating product policies, fighting spam, fraud, and abuse across Google products.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
* Investigate, identify, and prevent/remove product quality issues by reviewing accounts, transactions, user-generated content, advertisements, local business listings, and/or search results in order to enforce product-specific policies.
* Engage in project work to increase quality and efficiency within large-scale processes by refining use of signals and data, improving internal tools and systems, exposing bugs and vulnerabilities, and/or improving collaboration with other teams or companies.
* Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering, Sales and Legal to increase automation, update policies, fix product loopholes and to provide a better online experience for our users.
* Perform complex data analyses to derive insights from our data stores.
* Identify market trends and product vulnerabilities. Create data-backed recommendations to respond to trends and to reduce vulnerabilities, then work with cross-functional groups to ensure these recommendations are executed.