* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Ability to speak and write in German, Turkish and English fluently and idiomatically.
* Demonstrated interest in technology and a passion for customer service.
* Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and to make continuous process improvements.
* Hard working, well-organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to review legal documents.
* Effective written communication skills.
Google’s legal department is at the center of an information law revolution, and you’re at its core. As a Legal Assistant, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team. As you closely support your team, you may find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties. You’re an independent thinker who isn’t afraid to ask questions, and you’re organized in a way that never overlooks the details.
In this role, you will work directly with a fast-paced global team. You are responsible for managing, from receipt to resolution, the handling of legal removal requests across multiple legal issues. This will include complex and urgent government requests that require expert analysis, and local knowledge on Google’s internal policies and protocols on dealing with such requests. You will also be initiating and managing projects across teams that seek to find scalable ways to enhance our support system.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
* Manage legal removals requests and processes. Analyze and resolve requests including copyright, defamation, data protection or government requests.
* Provide exceptional and responsive user support in helping to resolve legal issues.
* Analyze and lead escalations of government requests, liaising with Product, Policy, Communications and Legal teams. Balance various legal considerations in order to effectively resolve issues.
* Develop and launch scalable policies and processes for handling large volumes of requests based on regional trends. Drive innovation regarding processes and best practices for implementing policies across regions.
* Facilitate communication of processes and policies to internal and external customers; conduct regular data analysis to ensure consistency of decision making and to identify regional trends.