negotiable / month
* Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience hiring and developing a team of program managers
* Experience in managing technical teams as a team lead or manager.
* Leadership experience in a geographically disperse team
* Experience managing program managers across a number of programs
* Experience with Linux/Unix system administration.
* Strong understanding of HVAC and power requirements for high-availability data centers.
* Strong understanding of networks and PC hardware architecture including maintenance and repair.
* Demonstrated strategic problem solving skills.
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google’s powerful search technology. In this role, you will manage a team of PMs and TPMs, and provide leadership to the team across EMEA. Your team will work on programs involving the installation, maintenance, upgrading and decommissioning of Google’s compute infrastructure and capacity in the data centers and our cloud infrastructure.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Take responsibility for the management and implementation of multiple projects for your team.
* Ensure data center related priorities are consistent with company objectives.
* Hire, coach and develop a team of technical staff and PMs to meet objectives.
* Be part of the “face of Google” to the local community and participate in the community affairs program for the site.
* Integrate with the local management team and build strong peer relationships with them.