Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert for our Clonee, Ireland data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the Facility Operations team. This candidate will lead and manage a team of mechanical SMEs who are the data center mechanical system technical operations experts. This candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as evaporative cooling, DX cooling, water distribution, and fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution. This candidate will be equipped with exceptional leadership and management skills that will be essential for team alignment to global strategies.
1. Develop, mentor, and manage an onsite mechanical subject matter experts team.
2. Coordinate with Building Chiefs and the Facilities Technical Manager to provide support where needed.
3. Serve as a technical/consultative resource on mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment.
4. Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
5. Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
6. Analyze data to assist development of a predictive maintenance plan.
7. Act as the on-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
8. Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures.
9. Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
10. Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
11. Travel to other data center regions will be required.
12. High school diploma or equivalent
13. 7+ years mechanical Journeyman level experience
14. Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 3+ years mechanical experience will be considered in lieu of 7+ year Journeyman experience
15. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook
16. Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings
17. Ability to travel up to 20% of time
18. Working knowledge of CMMS systems
19. Working knowledge of critical facilities operations