Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Lead Electrical Subject Matter Expert for our Clonee, Ireland data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Lead Electrical Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the Facility Operations team. The candidate will lead and manage a team of electrical SMEs who are the data center electrical system technical operations experts. The candidate will need to be experienced in the following critical systems: power distribution ranging from 13.2kV to 120VAC and associated controls systems, UPS systems, DC Power, low voltage and fire alarm systems, and have working experience in building automation systems and mechanical systems. This candidate will be equipped with exceptional leadership and management experience that will be essential for team alignment to global strategies.
1. Develop, mentor, and manage an onsite electrical subject matter experts team.
2. Coordinate with Building Chiefs and the Facilities Technical Manager to provide support where needed.
3. Serve as a technical/consultative resource on electrical infrastructure systems and equipment.
4. Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment.
5. Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
6. Analyze data to assist development of a predictive maintenance plan.
7. Act as the on-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
8. Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on electrical equipment and procedures.
9. Manage vendor relationships for electrical equipment.
10. Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
11. Travel to other data center regions will be required.
12. 7+ years electrical Journeyman level experience.
13. Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years electrical experience will be considered in lieu of 7+ years Journeyman experience.
14. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook.
15. Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings.
16. Working experience with CMMS systems.
17. Working experience in critical facilities operations.