Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
**Great people make Schneider Electric a great company**
APC by Schneider Electric are seeking an IT User Experience Design Manager to join their growing Software Development team in Galway, Ireland.
You will be a Design Thinker; someone who enjoys working on their own initiative across multiple design disciplines, providing leadership throughout the design lifecycle. This position requires the creation of user flows, wireframes, prototypes and front-end application interfaces that ensure a positive interaction with the product and overall customer experience. You will need be able to work collaboratively with product owners and development teams to illustrate and explain your design recommendations.
You will think holistically about the user experience; steering projects through every step of the design process from research to ideation, prototyping to validation and implementation.
You will work closely with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering and QA to drive the user experience vision and be the voice of the customer in project decisions.
**Desirable skills include:**
* Strong presentation skills, clearly communicating the design vision
* Advocating for the user experience and your design decisions
* Co-ordination of design activities across multiple projects
* Strategic, systems thinking about digital service opportunities
* Service concepting and Blueprinting
* Workshop facilitation
* Conducting interviews with users and business stakeholders
* Secondary research of the product and competitor context
* Evaluative research through usability testing and analytics
* Sketching and Wire-framing
* Personas, User Scenarios and Journey Maps
* Information Architecture, UX Writing
* Design for multiple platforms (Responsive Websites, Mobile Apps)
* Knowledge of Design Systems, Grid systems,Typography
* Strong awareness of Brand Compliance
*Prototyping and UI Development*
* Click-through demos using Invision or similar
* Responsive Design, HTML / CSS skills are a plus
* Video or animation skillsare a plus
This role will give you the opportunity to expand your expertise into new areas of design, growing your skills while leading exciting Digital Design projects for the Power and IOT industries.
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise******You have 4+ years professional experience in UX research and design.
* Knowledge of appropriate wireframe, collaboration & prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Invision etc.)
* You have worked with product managers, other UX designers, software architects and backend engineers to deliver a high-quality solution in an agile environment.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to create User Personas & User Scenarios.
* Ability to translate complex concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive and powerful user experiences.
* Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
* Conduct detailed UI/UX design reviews, document issues, and coordinate issue resolution.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
*Primary Location:* IE-Galway-Galway
*Unposting Date:* Jan 4, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 004TJO