* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in an enterprise computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
* Experience in the technology and cloud computing market.
* Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
* MS degree in Computer Science and/or MBA degree.
* Experience in and understanding of data and information management – especially as it relates to Big Data trends and issues within businesses; hands-on experience using and/or managing databases. Experience with Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, BigQuery.
* Technical experience with WAN/Internet-related technologies and architecture across Software-as-a-System, Platform-as-a-System, Infrastructure-as-a-System (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), and cloud productivity suites
* Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
* Familiarity with architecture and operational aspects of large scale distributed systems. Familiarity with the popular technologies in the machine learning/big data ecosystem (Tensorflow, Spark, etc.).
* Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it’s a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Work hand-in-hand with Small- and Medium-sized Business (SMB) and Sales Development functions to explore opportunities from the technical perspective, and collaboratively qualify the opportunity.
* Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing customer meetings, providing product demonstrations and briefing customer executives.
* Work hands-on with Google Cloud products to demonstrate integrations in customer environments.
* Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and documents.
* Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.