**Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric**
At Schneider Electric,we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Health and Safety specialist in at our customer site in Maynooth. This will be a 24-month fix-term contract (FTC).
**Your Mission: **
To support site safety in services and Solutions businesses. To ensure compliance with current legal requirements and best practice, ensuring risks are minimised and correct working practices maintained through an underpinning of culture and positive safety behaviours. To work with all applicable businesses as a HS&S; Specialist to bring a unified approach and to ensure Operations understand the safety requirements for their deployment teams. To seek continuous improvement on health, safety and environment practices for all parts of the respective business areas.
**Your main responsibilities: **
* To support Services and Solutions Operations – Divisional/Regional management in implementing actions to deliver strategic Health, Safety and Sustainability plans.
* Work with site (local and on field) management teams to advise, plan and implement actions to improve working environment and people wellbeing on sites.
* Investigate and review of all accidents, incidents and Near Miss. Recommend improvement actions and records of them.
* Ensure that all suppliers and sub-contractors are properly assessed before inclusion on the Approved List and regular reviews take place with all sub-contractors.
* Support and assist on creating and providing trainings related with Environment, Health & Safety
* Support the completion of Risk Assessments and POWRA and support line managers to create them in specific risk areas. Ensure all employees and subcontractors are following procedure and work according to RAMS. ** **
* Arrange and carry out audits and HSE inspections at customer sites and offices. Make recommendations arising from inspections and monitor implementation. Coordinate customer audit requirements.
* Support OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO 50001, ISO 9001 and ISO 39001 within organisation. Support communication that rises HSE awareness, responsibility and change of culture in line with organisation strategy ** **
* Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or NEBOSH ICG Health and Safety or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years’ experience within a similar role in a Construction or Services organization where CDM is paramount.
* Computer literate: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Intranet (also ideally experience of SAP/other databases)”
* International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety/ BSc in Occupational Health and Safety Management
* Corporate Membership of IOSH
* HNC in Electrical Engineering.
* Previous experience in delivering effective Health and Safety training courses
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its’ people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
**_Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it’s an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company’s future._**_ _
**We are open to a conversation about flexible working.******
*Primary Location:* IE-County Kildare-Maynooth
*Unposting Date:* Ongoing
*Req ID:* 004TEF