* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in software development working with Java, C++, Go or Python.
* Experience in numerical analysis, algorithms and/or data-mining.
* Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies.
* Experience in database design and other data storage solutions.
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, Google Ads and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
* Design, develop, test, support and enhance web applications and backend systems.
* Build systems to process large datasets in parallel on massive clusters.
* Write and review technical documents, including design, development and revision.
* Collaborate with Product and Engineering partners to enhance and integrate core anti-abuse platforms.
* Collaborate with Operations Analysts to detect and prevent spam, fraud and abuse trends and advocate changes to protect Google’s customers and users.