COMMERCIAL ACTIVATION MANAGER
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies make many of the worlds most beloved Healthcare brands by combining scientific leadership with deep consumer insight.
We hold the number one market position across many of the categories we operate in including Baby, Beauty, Healthcare and OTC medicines.
All of the Johnson & Johnson consumer brands offer premium healthcare solutions to help people live healthy, vibrant lives.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Activation Manager, the Commercial Activation Manager role involves the management of a portfolio of J&J brands, developing and deploying best in class local marketing activation plans grounded in consumer, shopper & customer insight to build sustainable growth and profit. This person will have full P&L responsibility of the relevant brands.
Main Accountabilities include;
Strategic Brand Planning
• Work with and feed into long-term strategic brand plans which originate through regional marketing (based in UK) providing expertise on local market, consumer, shopper and competitive landscape.
• Identify risks and opportunities either short or long-term that may impact brand.
• Work within Johnson & Johnson’s integrated marketing communications framework and ensure implementation of appropriate strategy for brand for Ireland via identification of local unmet needs.
• Devise and deploy professional strategy incorporating short and long-term brand vision.
Monitor the Market / Insights
• Be knowledgeable on syndicated data use and interpretation
• Responsible for in-depth Market Share Tracking on channel and customer and discuss relevant actions with the Customer Account Management and Regional Marketing Teams respectively.
• Provide Hub Marketing with competitive information & lead local challenges.
• Continuous market screening & reporting to hub and local internal
• Provide recommendations on potential actions required
• Use data to assess success of previous campaigns/ initiatives and recommend corrective action where necessary.
• Initiate shopper related research and action plan.
Optimize New Product Development launches
• Accurately size and assess NPD opportunity within Irish market.
• Apply NPI 360 activation pack and enable channel specific presentation & implementation.
• Devise pricing strategy based on consumer insight and competitive set.
• Monitor and evaluate actual vs targets (across distribution, sales, profit, share) and suggest corrective actions where needed.
Develop and implement Local Activation Plan
• Develop and deploy a local Activation Plan for the brand, based on planned NPI roll-outs or defined strategic brand plans.
• Ensure execution of the plan per channel and customer based on local knowledge (trade windows, lead times, key account agreements) and in timely alignment and coordination with consumer facing activation.
• Provide pharmacy and mass sales teams with brand education and relevant detailing material.
• Develop and provide monitoring and evaluation of campaign performance towards consumers and across channels as well as customers on key activities.
• Own local activity overview and secure synchronization of shopper/trade facing activities with consumer plans
Manage local marketing budgets
• Challenge where appropriate to ensure spend is optimised
• Make recommendations for fund diversion where necessary.
• Oversee creation and management of Purchase order process.
• Be responsible for sign-off and approval of all local in-market communication material.
University Degree in Business Administration
Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & SAP
Min 3 years’ experience in relevant marketing/ commercial role
Demonstrated cycle of success in brand strategy management
Strong data analytical capacity
Proven ability to manage complexity in role
Experience of working with PR agencies and specifically influencers
Johnson & Johnson (Ireland) Limited (8180)