* Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or Economics or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with SQL, Dremel, Python, Java, R or SAS.
* Experience in user research, operations, marketing, or sales.
* Experience with delivering production level metrics, insights, and actions.
* Experience in project management and process optimization with data analytics.
* Experience in extracting, sampling and visualization of large data sets.
* Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
* Familiar with abuse prevention, policy and regulatory systems.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, YouTube Trust and Safety is dedicated to ensuring that YouTube is a place for users, viewers, and creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll utilize data and analytical techniques to quantify abuse rates, identify emerging trends on the site, enable high operational efficiency, evaluate impact of policy positions and implement solutions collaboratively. You will work with key business partners to understand data needs, write extract, transform and loads (ETL) scripts and collaborate closely with other internal teams. With your analytical expertise, you will help deliver on YouTube’s mission to give everyone a voice, show them the world, and build a community.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
* Investigate abuse rates, effectiveness of automated and manual review methods and define key areas of focus following root cause analyses.
* Develop and build operational metrics (productivity, service level agreement (SLA), quality, cost, efficiency, timeliness), deploy dashboards and generate insights to improve the efficiency of our operations.
* Analyze user impact of policies and generate insights around launch process and post-launch monitoring.
* Run ongoing and ad hoc analyses in support of site-wide Trust and Safety objectives as well as operational effectiveness and incident response.
* Collaborate with Operations, Engineering, Legal, PR, and Product Management teams to craft solutions to escalations and emerging threats based on methodical and data-driven approach. Develop well-crafted narratives for documentation and presentation to Trust and Safety teams as well as YouTube leadership.