## Summary of Job
We are seeking a full-time position for a Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering software to the cloud in an efficient and effective manner. You will join a cross disciplinary team of product owners, software engineers, QA engineers and Operations staff that design, develop and deploy datacenter configuration systems that scale to our growing business needs. The role will also involve troubleshooting and supporting the operations of the platform.
## Primary Responsibilities
* Develop software for our offers using NodeJS and its associated frameworks such as Express hosted on Azure.
* Implementing automated testing and unit tests.
* Implementing monitoring solutions to ensure that our software is operating efficiently and effectively.
* Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements.
* Troubleshoot problems that occur in the platform as they arise.
* Help the AngularJS developers on the team to create world class solutions.
* Understand and learn about new technologies and have a good ability and interest in learning.
* Ensure that solutions which are implemented are cybersecure.
* Some international travel may be required.
## Education and Experience
* B.Sc or B.Eng in Computer Science or related degree.
* Masters degree in related field desirable.
* At least 1-3 years working in a similar role.
* Working on cloud based software development, preferably in Microsoft Azure.
* Proven track record of delivering quality solutions and/or products.
* Demonstrated ability to provide estimates to the project manager for work undertaken.
* Proven to be adaptable and able to work on variety of activities simultaneously.
* Shows understanding and appreciation of processes and issues relevant to the job.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
## Knowledge and Skills
### Required Skills (in order of importance)
Interacting and defining RESTful web services
Software development tools such as git, JIRA
Database design and implementation in MongoDB.
Understanding design principles behind a scalable application.
### Desired Skills
The following are highly desired skills:
Azure IaaS and PaaS technologies.
Knowledge of how to deploy and maintain enterprise class web sites to the cloud.
Angular 1.x and 2 or greater.
HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
UI and UX design
*Primary Location:* IE-Galway-Galway
*Unposting Date:* Jan 9, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
*Req ID:* 004SUJ